Right in the heart of Madrid, Casa Lucio has become a tourist attraction of the capital, a must for tourists and a meeting point for locals; for them the restaurant is a stop in time. The street where it is located, the Cava Baja, is one of the oldest in Madrid, and already known in the seventeenth century for being the end and beginning of the way for mail carriers, who departed from there to carry mail to different parts of Spain.
The building of Casa Lucio itself also has an undeniable history. Since 1720 was the legendary “Posada de San Pedro”, popularly known as “Meson del segoviano”. Until well into the twentieth century, it became a meeting place for writers and different personalities of Madrid life. The restaurant had already witnessed more than two centuries of history; a cart of mules and a brand new car made in Detroit, both exposed in those days in the local hall, were a metaphor for the changes undergone and maintained tradition.
This is the same restaurant that its owner Dona Petra left to Lucio in the last third of the twentieth century, and he turned the restaurant into what it is today. A splendid place that combines with unquestionable elegance the new and the traditional. Its bar at the entrance and two floors welcome everyday businessmen, politicians, tourists, and anyone who, by eating here, want to try a piece of history.